Monday, June 14, 2010

The Ghost Writer ...

I delayed watching the movie because I was conflicted about its director--Roman Polanski.  He is, after all, guilty of having raped a 13-year old.  And has been dodging the legal complications for 33 years.
But, dammit, he makes good movies .... an artist he is .... Now, of course, it does not mean that everybody else in the entertainment industry is a Gandhi either ...
Well, finally, I did end up watching it ... and, yes, it is a well-made movie, and well acted too.  I had no idea that Pierce Brosnan can be this good an actor.  Ewan McGregor was, as always, good.  Kim Catrall's performance was even more of a surprise--in a good way :)
Half way through the movie, I started thinking that this is a re-telling of The Manchurian Candidate.  So, to some extent, I was playing a guessing game of who the hidden spy was: the ex prime minister's wife or his erstwhile foreign secretary.  They both were good candidates ... There were a few illogical aspects in the storytelling .. but, then, come on, this was no Hitchcock movie, eh...

No comments: