Wednesday, September 28, 2011

So, a college degree for all ...

There is a part of me that wonders whether it was my op-ed that triggered an opinion piece authored by the university's provost, in the same Statesman Journal.  Perhaps I am one of those he implies in writing "some people have suggested in various public forums (including this newspaper) that one's time and money may be better spent not pursuing a college degree."

In any case, that is immaterial.   There is a lot to debate, but I have a class to teach :)  More on this later today, time permitting.

BTW, last evening, I emailed the editor of that paper an opinion essay, for possible publication as an op-ed, in response to this news item.  If it is published, I would assume then that my name will be axed from more Christmas lists!  But, that is the nature of the business, I suppose.

No comments: