Thursday, September 15, 2011

Walking into testosterone!

With schools back in session, it appears that my late afternoon walking time coincides with testosterone-raging boys hanging loose after being trapped in classrooms from their waking moments. 

Yesterday, when a group of four boys, all with their jeans way lower than their underwears, and on low-rider bicycles, passed me, one guy turned around to look at me and then yelled "you are number one." 

How wrong he is: I know I come in last even when I compete against myself! 

I smiled anyway.

They did not react to any other person on the bike path, and that worried me.  But, I kept going, and didn't see them again.

Earlier today, as I crossed the river over the bridge, there were two teenagers sitting--one on a bench and the other with half his butt on the bike seat.  And smoking. They looked like they could be high school seniors.  As I passed them, one guy said, rather too loudly, "how you doin'?"

"Great" I said, without any change in my pace, and with a smile. "A wonderful day" I added.

As I kept going, a few steps later, I heard the guy say something in the mocking stereotypical Indian accent.  I kept going with a smile on my face, thinking "okey dokey."

Why "okey dokey" you ask?

A story for another day :)

This report says that fatherhood lowers testosterone levels.  Well, I certainly don't want these young fellas to try that route!

I will alter my routine!

No comments: