Saturday, July 31, 2010

On Laura Linney

The NY Times Sunday magazine has a lengthy piece on Laura Linney.  Pretty good.  I didn't know she is a Juilliard alum; so easy to imagine that, come to think of it.

As I kept reading, I noticed that I have watched quite a few of her movies and, of course, as Frasier's love--which is how the show ends.  I suppose like many I first saw her in The Truman Show where her character as the wife always pitched a product, while flashing an advertising smile all the time :)

Of the different roles of hers that I have watched, her performance with Philip Seymour Hoffman was simply too good--they were both awesome.  Too bad her competition was Marion Cotillard as Edith Piaff.


But the show that the NY Times piece refers to, which will be on Showtime ... well, not for this guy who only gets the basic cable :(
The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Laura Linney
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show Full EpisodesPolitical HumorTea Party

No comments: