Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Another reader responds to my op-ed. Made my day :)

This one is wonderful, unlike my previous post wherein I referred to a few responses to my recent op-ed.

To begin with, it was a letter in the mail. Yes, that old-style snail-mail.

And, it looks like it was composed on one of those electric typewriters.

With a name and from address. And, she includes in the intro:"former teacher, parent of adult women, not teachers, who do have Masters degrees, their choice to do so."

From the letter, it is clear that the reader is a woman from a generation that is senior to me.  She opens that lengthy letter with:

Thank you for your good editorial in the S-J on Masters degrees.

Her postscript is the best part of all:



Thank you, "P."  I could not have imagined a better start to a morning.

No comments: