Saturday, April 02, 2011

SOS from Mayor, next to the crippled Fukushima nuclear power plant,

The following is a message that I have copied/pasted from the email I received from "C."
"C" is a student from Japan and, as one can imagine, has been closely following the developments there:
Please allow me to spread the words of my friend Kazue Suzuki once again.
Thank you for your support.
[C]
---------------------
My hometown, Minami-Soma city in Fukushima prefecture has been having a very difficult time after the earthquake, the tsunami and now is exposed to the radiation.
Many people are still staying at the town including my father and some of my relatives even after so many people in the city evacuated to other prefectures in Japan. The risk of the radiation is still high, therefore foods/supplies are not reaching to them enough, even medias don't want to come into the city, the government is not listening to the SOS messages from MinamiSoma city.

Sending out this SOS message from my hometown to people including you is something I can do right now in a way of reaching to the people in Minami Soma city to help if possible, which is very small thing to do to help but I believe that it is important to spread this message now. 

SOS from Mayor of Minami Soma City, next to the crippled Fukushima nuclear power plant, Japan
I want to thank you very much for your time to listen to my hometown's SOS.

Sincerely yours,

Kazu

No comments: