Friday, April 22, 2011

Earth Day: What would George Carlin Say? :)

George Carlin was one heck of a truth teller.  The neat thing in his sharp humor was that he was not preachy, like how sometimes Jon Stewart can get.  Carlin delivered his social criticism straight that made us squirm even as we laughed with him.  I wish we had more Carlins around.

This is a special Earth Day edition. 

George Carlin on "stuff" ... I didn't know he had this routine when I wrote something similar a couple of years ago.  His critique of the consumerist behavior, which is why we then have Earth Day, well, watch it:



However, as much as I am one of those nutcases who takes reusable bags to the grocery store and don't waste "stuff" .... well, I get ticked off at all the phony talk on Earth Day, and there is nobody better than Carlin to expose the hypocrisy.  Watch him shred to pieces all the humbug about Earth Day



If only South Park had this Smug Alert episode in an embeddable form :)

No comments: