Thursday, September 11, 2008

I like to record my phone calls ...

"But the other night I accidentally erased the tape, and I had to call the White House to get a copy"

It is a great joke. By Bob Barr--the Libertarian Party's candidate for the presidency. Reason reports on the jokes he delivered at the 15th Funniest Celebrity in Washington contest
  • It is good to be back in Washington, D.C.! The home of civil liberties and personal... no, wait. That's an old card.
  • Me, John McCain and Barack Obama are sitting there in a debate.
  • I won't say we're close, but the last time he interviewed me, he asked me to rub neosporin on the claw marks Joe Scarborough had left on his back.
  • I like to record my phone calls—as a former congressman and a former CIA guy, you like to have a record of things. But the other night I accidentally erased the tape, and I had to call the White House to get a copy.
  • As a Libertarian, I can really picture a world in which there's no war. But George W. Bush would probably invade it, too.
  • Being a Libertarian isn't always easy. We like to say, 'let the free market take care of everything!' I went on Jeopardy. I wound up with -$10,000.
  • I know it just looks like I'm reading material. But I figured, hey, it worked for Sarah Palin. Why not for me, too?
  • What's the difference between a bull dog and a hockey mom? A bull dog gets vetted.

No comments: