Sunday, September 09, 2012

First world desi problems :)

I suppose every immigrant group has its own inside jokes.  It is one of the many wonderful aspects of living in the US.When you superimpose the 140 character limit of Twitter, then humor becomes quite a creative exercise as well.

Some of the tweets with the tag #Desiproblems are simply awesome, like the ones here :)


Good ol' US of A!

My first immigrant humor experience was Yakov Smirnoff's.  Once, when I played a clip of his in class, during a discussion of immigration, one student said that I probably like him all the more because I look like him. Really?



And I could relate a lot to Russell Peters' jokes, of course



Aziz Ansari perhaps represents the next step in this assimilation story.  His comedy routines do not seem to have ethnic humor as a center-piece.  Occasionally he might throw one in.  I suppose one more generation, and "DesiProblems will belong to history.  Cool!