Wednesday, July 25, 2012

China's economy takes to the friendly skies

A couple of years ago, in a blog post that became an an op-ed on the bailout for American auto manufacturers, I noted my reservations against bailouts.  In that, I asked what we might do if China gets serious about its aircraft building business; well, hey, good to know that I wasn't off-base!  But, wait, is my being correct good news or bad news? :)


So, how is China really doing? I wish I had learned more about China, and traveled to that country--well, at least one of those two things!  But, hey, maybe this guy might have more to say about China, its economy, and its peoples, eh!  After all, he lived and worked there for three years, and might even know how to correctly pronounce Guangzhou :)

BTW, I can relate to Fallows commenting to Colbert about the Chinese passengers rushing to the aircraft doors even before the plane reaches the gate--same story in India, too :(

No comments: