Thursday, April 05, 2012

Oregon: Somewhere over the rainbow

The first week of classes after a term off.  What better a reward than getting to see a fantastic rainbow on my way back from work!  In fact, it was a double rainbow, with the second--outer--rainbow a lot hazier than the inner set of colors.

I pulled over to the side of the road with the hazard lights on.  The inner colors got brighter and brighter as the clouds in the background darkened.  I was not worried that eventually I would have to drive through whatever those dark clouds would dump on me.

The image my camera captured does not do justice to the phenomenal arcs across the sky.


After perhaps three or four minutes of rainbow gazing, I resumed the drive back home.  A few miles later, the road was all white from the hail, which perhaps I missed out on when they fell from the sky because I was so transfixed by the colors.  And then it was a slow drive for about four miles through some pouring and blinding rain. At the end of it all, it was blue skies and a dry road surface.

Life in Oregon.  Feels great to be back home!

No comments: