Saturday, July 30, 2011

What, me worry about getting older? I look forward to it. Here's why ...


My daughter has remarked more than once, when looking at photos of me when I was young: "you looked strange" ... am mighty glad the emphasis was on "looked" which was said in a firm past-tense :)

A friend from my school days comments on the facial transformations I have gone through over the thirty years: "Looking at the other snaps of the Prof I am wondering what metamorphosis age brings in."

If past trends are any indication, then you ain't seen nothin' yet, buddy :)

Speaking of comic strips, another friend noted in response to an earlier post, "comic strips in general. That's one thing I miss when we're in India."  I, too, miss the funny pages when I am away from the US.  And they are not always for the laughs alone--some make me think, like how this BC strip has triggered a blog post!

No other comic strip has made me think as much as Calvin and Hobbes did, and continues to ... like this one, which was originally published on a July 29th (of what year, I know not)


So, hang on little tomato :)

No comments: