Saturday, October 02, 2010

The eternal fountain for comedians: Christine O'Donnell, and politicians :)

Bill Maher continues looking into the treasure trove, and the latest gem (ht):
I was dabbling in witchcraft, I've dabbled in Buddhism. I would have become a Hare Krishna but I didn't want to become a vegetarian. And that is honestly the reason why -- because I'm Italian, I love meatballs!

My neighbor-friend, who is as much to the right of the political spectrum as I am to the left, often talk politics, sometimes over food too.  He and his wife are wonderful hosts and friends, and always have some of the tastiest foods--yes, even better than my cooking!  We laugh a lot comparing notes on our shared distaste for politics, politicians, and all the unscrupulous elements, who provide us with more than enough for conversations and we rarely have to repeat anything :)

The other day when he was getting all worked up, I reminded him that politics is the best comedy show that society can even put up.  It is the best live theatre, which often looks good even in reruns.  We watch those clowns--political parties do not matter--and laugh.  Their fundraising for elections is nothing but the ticket price we need to pay for the greatest show on earth.  Some of those entertainers get really good at it, and some don't.  Most are "G" rated and every once in a while it crosses over into the "R," "NC-17" and "X" categories.  Some, like Clint Eastwood, seem to dislike retirement and manage to put on quite a performance even as they get old and drooling.  

Of course, all these will be simply fantastic if only they did not have the power to launch wars, or screw our lives many times over in so many aspects of life, while we are laughing away.

No comments: