Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Imam Glenn Beck :)

Michael Kinsley yet again proving that he has not lost his touch despite that awful Parkinson's he has been dealing with humor:
My first thought, when I heard that Glenn Beck was planning a huge rally at the Washington Mall on the anniversary of Martin Luther King’s "I Have A Dream" speech at the same site 48 years ago was, "How obnoxious. How offensive. What a jerk!" My second thought was, "Well, he’s got a right to speak in that place on that date, as at almost any other place on any other date. Even jerks are protected by the First Amendment." My third thought was, "Sure, he has the right to have his rally there and then, but shouldn't he have more sensitivity to those for whom this date and this place have special meaning and importance? Couldn't he find some other place or pick some other date for his rally?" My fourth thought was, "Uh oh. This line of reasoning is starting to get uncomfortable."

No comments: