Saturday, September 04, 2010

Dance of the day: Don Quijote - Gran Pas de Deux

Would love to see this live ... It was by accident that I watched this entire piece on television--thanks to the Classic Arts Showcase channel that the Comcast cable carries.  It was so awesome that I kept applauding along as if I were in the performance hall myself ...
And then tracked it down on TouTube as well :)

The soloists: Paloma Herrera and Angel Corella

About this free cable channel ... I like watching it particularly because I never know what is coming up.  Like right now, as I am blogging, I am watching a beautiful video to the "Flower Duet" piece from Lakmé.

The FAQ at the Classic Arts website makes the same point:
We do not publish a program guide because our weekly 8 hour show is downlinked by hundreds of channels across the country at different times, with different schedules, and we can never tell you when any particular clip will play in any particular area. Also, if people knew what was coming up they would only watch clips they like, and perhaps never try anything new. Surprise is an important part of our strategy of creating a new audience for the arts.

No comments: