Sunday, November 04, 2012

I live to write about the mass shootings in Eugene

First it was an older man with some massive equipment that he was lugging around.

Then it was a group, all appropriately attired and with gear.

Even a kid!

It was shooting all around.

All because it was a gorgeous day.  A fantastic day.

It was the first Sunday in November.  Not only did we set the clock back by an hour, but the weather apparently set itself back to late September--it reached a high of 72 degrees today!

Naturally, people were all over the path by the river.  That is where I observed all the shooting.  With cameras, that is.


The mood was pretty infectious. No sourpuss could have remained that way by the river, watching people having a good time, with the sounds of running water, and a light breeze gently shaking the trees to strip them of their leaves.

And, of course, the birds.  The geese and the ducks and the herons and the hawks, and others that I have no idea about. I spotted at least three people with bird-books in their hands--serious birdwatchers .

This was such an unexpected bonus.  It was a good thing that I had taken care of most of my work yesterday and I could walk around today without guilt and enjoy it all.

The forecast for tomorrow? Another pleasant day.  I wonder how many students will show up for class then!


1 comment:

Ramesh said...

Nice day or not, it is a golden rule that on a Monday, only 40% of the students will turn up :)