Tuesday, June 05, 2012

If only the jobs news was enjoyable as news about Facebook shares!

If only the news was always as good as this one: Facebook shares are trading at $25.79 as I type this!  Couldn't make my schadenfreude better :)  I am enjoying this because, well, why the heck not!  Even if commentaries like this point out that the schadenfreude is bizarre!

In contrast to the fun with news about FB, I am not thrilled with the latest jobs report that has shocked the markets into a tumble as investors worried about the economic outlook.  Oil is down to $82, which was hard to imagine three months ago.  

This is not good news for any incumbent President.  On the other hand, it appears that the incumbent chief executive of the state of Wisconsin might survive the recall effort, which will add to the President's political woes as the summer campaign begins to heat up.  

Take it away, Jon Stewart, and let us watch that wonderful game-show called "Polish that turd" :)

1 comment:

Ramesh said...

I watched Polish that Turd too. I fact , its become a habit to watch the Daily Show on the Net - given the time difference they update the site just before lunchtime here and its become a pre lunch ritual for me.

But I get really irritated when the blighter goes on two week holidays every month :)