Wednesday, June 06, 2012

A "sweet" cupcake ending to the term :)

Every term turns out to be unique it is own way.  The neatest aspect to this term, which is nearing the end?  Students brought munchies to class. ("J" brought me, not to the class, home-baked banana-nut bread.)

"R" brought donuts for us.  Not once, but twice!

"A" brought a box of chocolate chip cookies.

But, the grandest of all was home-baked cupcakes that "K" treated us to, and they were awesome.

Cupcakes with fruit preserve filling, and decorative icing on the top.  At the end of the class, when "K" was gathering her stuff, she noticed that there was one left--because one student didn't show up today.  His ill-luck that he missed out on this experience.

"K" asked me if I wanted it.  I told her that if she didn't want it, I would gladly enjoy a second one.  And that became mine!

I remembered to take a photo of the cupcake after I reached my office.  I wish I had patiently set up the background and taken a good photograph; but, I am glad I have at least this much.  Eat your heart out :)



A wonderful term, at least for this reason, and a contrast to the bitter experience from a few years ago, when an ill-tempered student took the advice of a moronic faculty colleague.

Thanks to "J," "K," "R," and "A."

Oh, yeah, I took a bunch of orange-cranberry scones to one class.  No, I didn't bake them--I bought them at my favorite store.

Maybe next year I will get back to baking cookies and brownies for my classes?

1 comment:

Ramesh said...

Can I enrol in your course .........