Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Regrets? None?

Today, I felt my shadow lengthening in the twilight of a mediocre career.

Perhaps that is why my walk along the river was extremely slow.  It was a two-hour walk punctuated with stops, in contrast to the brisk non-stop 75-minute rush through those five miles.

Which song would resonate with me then to wrap up this mediocrity, I wondered.

Would it be Frank Sinatra's "My Way" where he sings that the regrets are too few to mention:



Or, would it be Edith Piaf's "Non je ne regrette rien" where she says "I regret nothing" ...



Or, would I want to seek consolation in Chandrababu's song (the first line, in translation, means "the smart ones are not necessarily successful, and the successful ones are not necessarily smart")



Those were the thoughts as I walked with ...

I reached home.

As I unlocked the door, I heard Louis Armstrong's "What a wonderful world" ... (the radio is almost always on, even when I am out of the house)

It was a serendipitous moment.

Wisdom dawned, even if only temporarily, that I can afford to postpone worrying about the lengthening shadows ... for now ...

No comments: