Saturday, August 13, 2011

Libya: War is hell. Er, "kinetic military action" is hell!

Back on March 18th, which seems like a long, long time ago:
President Obama told a bipartisan group of members of Congress today that he expects the U.S. would be actively involved in any military action against Libya for "days, not weeks," after which he said the U.S. would take more of a supporting role, sources tell ABC News.

I suppose it is too much to ask for a president who will not lie to, and mislead, the public!

Of course, we can always count the "days" from then until today and whenever this war, er, "kinetic military action" ends ...like the number of "days" we have been in Afghanistan. Or the number of "days" in Iraq.

And thus I start to re-read Catch-22 after a number of years, in order to commemorate the fifty years since it was first published.  I have with me a copy of the first edition, which I have borrowed from the library.


No comments: