Saturday, September 19, 2009

My 1,000th post in this blog

A thousand posts in this second incarnation this blog, which I re-started in June 2008 after deleting the old stuff--all the way from 2001--in one simple keystroke back in April 2007!

To celebrate, here is one of my favorite short stories by Franz Kafka:
The Departure

I ordered my horse to be brought from the stables. The servant did not understand my orders. So I went to the stables myself, saddled my horse, and mounted. In the distance I heard the sound of a trumpet, and I asked the servant what it meant. He knew nothing and had heard nothing. At the gate he stopped me and asked: "Where is the master going?" "I don't know," I said, "just out of here, just out of here. Out of here, nothing else, it's the only way I can reach my goal." "So you know your goal?" he asked. "Yes," I replied, "I've just told you. Out of here--that's my goal."
And to appropriately mark this occasion, here is a satirical take from JibJab:
Try JibJab Sendables® eCards today!

No comments: