Thursday, June 07, 2018

Furlough 2018

It wasn't until a few years ago that I started referring to my summer break from teaching as furlough. Perhaps because I had also been forced to stay away from summer classes--not enough students enrolling was the cause.

Nature abhors a vacuum, and it is a similar dynamic with time.  Summer time has never been empty, with things to do.  The to-do-list for this upcoming furlough is already too long.  And weighty.  The planned fun moments of life in the gorgeous Pacific Northwest summer will be complemented by the planned productive work when the days will be seemingly endless.

The first of those furlough activities will be to read and review a book. I know, how much of a break is that from my regular life, right?  Furlough does not mean that I become a different person, though I would like to be George Clooney if I had a choice.  The same old me reads, thinks, writes, during the furlough too.

The book arrived today--well before the furlough begins.  Will be a good follow-up to the last furlough work.

I am on schedule.
Regimented.
Structured.
Yes, even during the furlough ;)



No comments: