Wednesday, June 06, 2018

Angry old men are ruining my country!

As one without any affiliation with any political party, I tend to piss people off when I critique their favored political idea or person.  There are limits to which I can accommodate people's blind faith in their politics or politicians.  But, if they cross those lines, then, well, that's why I have had the instructions on top of the comment form:
DO NOT bother to say anything even remotely positive about the fascist in the US or in India, and
DO NOT even attempt to defend the supremacists in these countries.
I am plainly tired of those fucking people who fucking believe in supremacists!

Where was I?  Yes, how I tend to piss people off ;)

Back in 2008, when Obama was a candidate, I was not all too enthused about him, and was hoping that Senator Clinton would become the Democratic Party's nominee.  But, charmed by his personality, his cool, and smartness, along with a heavy dose of misogyny and Hillary-hating, the party loyalists went for Obama.  Interestingly enough, most of the people on my campus and elsewhere here in Eugene who were big time Obama supporters in 2008 were also big time Berniacs in 2016.  Says something, right?

I noted how Bush's economic adviser, Greg Mankiw, referred to Obama as better than McCain when it came to tax policies.   Two years into his presidency, Obama opposed--yes, opposed--same-sex marriage!  As Obama was gearing up for his re-election, I wrote that the best GOP candidate was already in the White House.  I wrote there, "It is just that the Republicans have rushed so far to the right extreme that they don't realize that Obama is way to the right of where many Democrats hoped he would be."

The far-right GOP elected the anti-Obama and ended Hillary Clinton's political aspirations.  A strange combination of trumperteers and Berniacs coming together to defeat Hillary Clinton.

Source
Sometimes I think I am angrier at the Berniacs than I am at the trumpeteers because of this: The trump supporters made their racism and hatred and misogyny and Islamophobia and more very clear.  They were out and proud with that shit.  Berniacs knew how to hide their misogyny. Berniacs were clueless that economic inequality has an overlap with racism, but that they are not synonyms.  In his old-man rhetoric, Sanders almost always implied white Americans when he talked about ordinary Americans.

Now, every day is one more disaster. Instead of calming people down as a leader, trump is rejoicing in the chaos that he knows well that is creating. And Bernie Sanders is exploring another run in 2020.  Fuck off!

No comments: