Friday, May 04, 2012

(Ryan) Gosling saves a woman. Big deal: I saved five goslings!

So, there I was driving and thinking about the midterms and essays that I have to grade, when I spotted two geese slowly waddling across the lane with five goslings in tow.

I switched the hazard lights on, and came to a complete stop. 

The geese apparently thought it would be a great idea to pause for a second and take it all in.  The gosling bringing up the rear almost ran into the one that was ahead of it.

We were about six cars in my lane, and perhaps three in the opposing direction, all patiently waiting for the goosy family to move.  This being Eugene, nobody "honked" nor edged their cars--we are only way too appreciative of how much the geese allow us into their habitat and their lives.

I was so fascinated with this scene that by the time it occurred to me that I could take a gazillion photos, well, the geese started hurrying up, and so did the goslings.  While no digital image exists, it is a scene that is well etched into my memory, for which I have nothing but thanks to the goslings.

Can you beat that, Mr. Gosling? :)

1 comment:

Ramesh said...

Ha Ha Ha. Oh there should have been a photo of this ........