Sunday, April 04, 2010

Traffic at my blog!

So, after a long time I checked the site traffic report, and nearly fell off the chair with the numbers.  Turns out that one blog post was one hell of an attractor:
This report is for a month span ending on April 3rd.
On April 1st, I had blogged about Google's April Fool joke. Interesting how that attracted so many visitors.  99.14% of them landed at my posting thanks to their search for "april fool."

Even more interesting that 928 of these visitors came here from Google's own googleblog.blogspot.com.  So, why would they come here if they had already read the news there?  That simply stumps me.

BTW, all these are reminders that the web is way better than Santa Claus--it has an excellent memory of what you have been up to and whether you have been naughty or nice :)

Also, did you notice that 172 visitors to my blog came there because of their interest in Tina Munim and Anil Ambani? He he!!!

Incidentally, this is the report about the traffic at my blog.  And then there is the data on RSS subscriptions to my blog.  More on that some other time.  But, while nowhere any big time data these are, the data do answer the question of a tree falling in a forest :)

No comments: