Friday, October 30, 2020

Death is in the air

"You were right about your prediction. About covid."

Small talk is rare at the grocery store.  When it happens, it is not so easy to understand the other with the words coming through our ill-fitting masks.

"What prediction?  What did I say"

I was genuinely curious.  For one, that she had paid attention to what I had told her.  And, I was right?

"When it began, you said this will take a year or more.  And that is what's happening," she said.

Of course I am no epidemiologist.  But, I did read and watch experts, including Bill Gates.  They were pretty darn clear that it would take between a year and two before the world got a firm grip over this.

"Oh ... the science is clear.  We can try to deny it as much as we want to ..." I replied.

The science-denying President, who believes that he is the foremost expert on any topic including the global epidemic, goes to rally after rally yelling in his grating tone that we've turned the corner.

The reality is a complete contrast to his world of alternative facts and truthful hyperbole!

I hope the 63 million who voted for the sociopath are fucking happy with their decision!


No comments: