Monday, February 24, 2020

The march of time

It was two years ago.

She was 54.

Dead.

Sridevi died on February 24, 2018.

When I was waiting for my mustache to grow, she was already a veteran in singing and dancing and acting.  Like in this one:




When the movie was released, discussions were in plenty on whether Sridevi was really 16 or much older than that, but pretending to be younger like how female actors liked to do.  She looked well developed for 16.  And then it turned out that she was not even 16.  Heck, not even 15!

One of my earliest favorites of hers was from 1979.  Of this:



Sridevi died. At 54!

Only a few months older than me.  But wonderfully more accomplished than I could ever be.

Years later, my brother forced us to watch a movie of hers.  After many decades I watched her in a movie, and she didn't look that much older since the last one--was it Moondram Pirai, I wonder.

I suppose Sridevi wrapped up all the things she had to get get done because she was racing against a clock that was rapidly winding down.

I will end this with another clip:


No comments: