Saturday, October 25, 2008

Stupid Britons, and not stupid Americans, for once!

That is what Britons do at home and abroad. They belch, vomit, copulate, litter and barge their way through public spaces, dressed like hookers and louts, defying the police without shame or modesty. British expatriates are some of the worst: overpaid, oversexed and all over the place

Hey, I thought this is what we Americans are supposed to be. No wonder there is always talk of Anglo-American alliance, eh! ha ha ha

The Times columnist goes nuts at how stupid the two Britons were when they got drunk, and engaged in sexual activities on a public beach in Dubai. I have been to Dubai and gone to at least one beach there--just bloody hot it was. And I remember at the receiving end of some hostile remarks even when I was fully clothed and having a conversation with my brother and his family--I was "jokingly" referred to as a terrorist because I was visiting from America. So, my thought on reading the news item a couple of days ago was rather simple: why invite trouble by such acts in the pubic, er, public? :-) The columnist, however, jumps into unnecessary moralizing ....
Is it surprising that so many Muslims around the world despise us for our decadence when we express our sympathy with British men and women who behave like this? There is something clearly despicable in the permissiveness and hyper-sexualisation of western culture; the result is broken families, unwanted children, sexual diseases and a state of agitation which drives the young into chaos and crime.

No comments: