Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Maya Angelou and ... me?

I practice a no-forget-no-forgive approach to life.  Like in many other posts, I explained here, about my take on those who create the grudge in the first place:

There is a huge difference, however, between wallowing and viewing the world as a worthless place, versus wallowing while enjoying the world and the vastness of this universe. 
I enjoy the world.  The river. The goslings. The green. The warmth.  The ocean.  The mountains.  And, yes, a few people ;)

A couple of weeks ago, I noticed that a car well ahead of me in my lane of traffic had stopped with the brake lights a bright red on a cloudy mid-afternoon.  This being spring time, I knew what to expect and pressed the hazard lights on as I came to a stop.

Just as a I expected, it was a parade of geese. 

Four adult geese were chaperoning about a dozen goslings from one side of the street to another.  Three or four cars in each direction, and no honking or pressuring the birds.  They took their sweet little time to cross the road, after which we were off.

The one enjoyment that I have missed out on over the pandemic year?  Terrible puns!  It has been a while since I had real-time classes for students to share their favorite puns with me.  At the grocery store, small talk had vanished, and my regular source there and I have been barely able to say hello to each other.

The sillier the puns, the better.  Like, have you heard this one before?
Q: What do you call a cow that is lying on the grass?
A: Ground beef!
Or, how about this:
Why do you have to "put your two cents in"... but it’s only a "penny for your thoughts"? Where's that extra penny going?
The key here is to enjoy life.  I created a meme for the occasion ;)




No comments: