Friday, March 22, 2013

Happy birthday, Twitter. My first tweet was ... this?

Twitter is now seven years old.  Eons, in the internet calendar.  It is now an old man!

I thought I had been using Twitter almost since it was launched.  But, the archives tell me otherwise--it was almost a year after Twitter's birth that I joined that .... with this lame tweet!
Not that my tweets are any smarter these days, eh!

I wonder what awaits us in this digital progression. Should be a fascinating journey ahead.  May we live in interesting times, indeed!

2 comments:

Ramesh said...

@ sriram - I just brushed my teeth

Now that you are in possession of that earth shattering piece of news from me testifying to the indispensability of Twitter to the human race, consider yourself blessed.

Sriram Khé said...

Well ... you are hastily dismissing Twitter, Ramesh.
That was my first tweet and, like many, I too found it to be an intriguing puzzle at first--on how to put Twitter to work for me. Slowly, perhaps along with a more extensive adoption, I too have come to view that as a wonderful tool. Thus, if you look at my tweets now, at http://twitter.com/congoboy, you will not find any tweet that is anything like my first tweet that I was getting ready for a meeting, or your sarcastic note that you just brushed your teeth.
Of course, a tool is a tool is a tool, and people might use the same tool very differently. My favorite is about the kitchen knife--while most people use it to produce tasty foods, people use it to kill people too.