Sunday, January 04, 2009

Ready for the next Bush as president?

I am NOT.  I am sick and tired of this attempt to make politics in America some kind of a royal dynasty rule.  (Which is also why I don't want "Sweet Caroline" Kennedy to merely trade in her last name as eligibility for membership in the US Senate.)

Well, papa Bush wants his other son--Jeb--to run for the presidency some day.  I hope that will be the day that hell freezes over.  In an interview with Faux News
The nation's 41st president said Sunday that he would like to see a second son, Jeb, be president one day.
Jeb Bush is the current president's younger brother and a former popular governor of Florida. He is mulling a run for Senate seat being vacated by Sen. Mel Martinez, R-Fla.
Asked in a broadcast interview about Jeb Bush's consideration of the Senate seat, Bush 41 said: "I'd like to see him run. I'd like to see him be president someday."
When asked if he was serious, he said: "Or maybe senator. Whatever. Yes, I would. I mean, right now is probably a bad time, because we've had enough Bushes in there. But no, I would. And I think he's as qualified and able as anyone I know on the political scene. Now, you've got to discount that. He's my son."

No comments: