Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Oh the pubic, er, public ... Typo is a witch, er, bitch :)

A while ago, I had blogged about how it took me a while to figure out--way back in high school--that the new hair that was growing was not "public" hair but "pubic" hair ... and, therefore, how I am always on guard when I have to use the word "public" because you accidentally miss the "l" and the whole world will have a good laugh ...

Shall we say, mistakes were made at the prestigious University of Texas' ... well, check it out :) (ht)



 Click here for more of my grammar-related posts.

2 comments:

Ramesh said...

Ha Ha Ha. Every one of us have our own examples of such bloomers to make you go beet red in the face.

Do you remember The Hindu, back in our school days once referring to Kerry Packer, by changing the P and A to F and U in his surname !

Rob and Sara said...

This typo is 100 times worse when linked with the word "affairs."

:D)))))))))