Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Limbaugh and Beck cross the Rubicon :-(

David Shenk:
Glenn Beck has said that Obama has "a deep seated hatred for white people," and that the U.S. "is going to come out a fascist state."

Rush Limbaugh has said, "It's the most dangerous time in my life for freedom and liberty in this country...This is statism, totalitarianism versus freedom."

...
These are not political statements. These are statements of fear and hatred.

Among others, Joe Klein is terrified:

The intensity of this [is] getting pretty scary...and dangerous? We are heading toward a cliff and the usual brakes of civil discourse are not working. Indeed, the Republicans have the pedal to the metal...I'm usually not one to panic or be overly worried about the state of our country...but I have a sinking feeling about where we're headed now. I hope I'm wrong.

We need to find a way out of this.
I do not watch Faux News, and nor do I listen to Limbaugh radio. So, I had no idea about such horrible statements. How awful! :-(

No comments: